Lasswade AC are always looking to encourage more people to get involved with helping out in all areas of the club, including officiating. As such the club will cover the costs of any courses which members, volunteers, athletes wish to take part in.
Every club is required to put forward a quota of qualified officials for each league match. Failure to do so can result in points being deducted from the team.
All Lasswade AC volunteers will be.
- Supported by a named person.
- Placed in a role suitable to their skills.
- Put on a rota for their role to ensure other commitments are considered.
- Allowed to do the role on a trail basis to see if they enjoy it before fully committing.
- Any training courses needed will be funded by the club.
There are many roles within officiating – not just those you see on the competition area. See below for a brief descriptor of each.
If you know which of the above disciplines you prefer the dates for courses this winter will be released soon. However, If you are unsure of which discipline you would prefer we can arrange for an in-house Assistant Officials workshop if we can get enough numbers.
Are you interested, or want more info? Then please email Harry on email@example.com Or visit the Scottish Athletics Officials section.
If officiating is not for you please see our other vacancies